SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the widely used term in the field of “Web Marketing”. I can surely say “SEO is the backbone of Online Marketing.”
I want to define the term SEO in a more familiar way by taking a very simple example. Suppose, having developed a new website for your company or business, you must be in the illusion that a website by itself will give you enhanced market visibility and lead to business growth, when actually you are operating in the same marketing environment as you previously were.
The reason behind this phenomenon is: when a surfer Googles for a specific service, he/she will enter the most relevant keyword related to that product/service and scan through for their desired content, generally just in the top 10-15 results. If your website hasn’t made it to this list, and that too, for the most relevant tags, its likely that your website will be ignored. It doesn’t matter how unique you have made it.
SEO - Web Page Optimization And Home Page Optimization
All SEO tactics used to get your site successfully crawled and positioned in the major search engines evolve with the technology used to render websites, but the basic fundamentals stay the same. There are three major aspects to SEO that you should be sure to concentrate on when optimizing your website - keywords, links, and graphics. Use this checklist to ensure that your site will achieve the highest possible search engine rankings :
1. Make sure the keywords that you are targeting are relevant to your website's content.
2. Keywords should be phrases that are commonly used in the search engines. There is no point in having your website optimized with search words or phrases that search engine users are not going to search with.
3. The titles of your pages should start with your keywords.
4. The content of your pages should be full of your keywords and other related information.
5. All tags on your website should be optimized with your targeted keywords.
6. Be sure that your keywords are included in your website's filenames.
1. External links are extremely important in search engine optimization. First, make sure that your site is listed in DMOZ also known as the Open Directory Project. DMOZ provides many of the search engine results for the most popular search engines, including Google.
2. Your website should be listed in human edited online directories.
3. It is essential you make sure that your website has a sitemap with text links.
4. Avoid linking with anyone who asks - focus on linking with websites that have a page rank as high as yours or better. Also, link with websites that relate to yours or are complimentary to yours. For example, if you have a fashion-related website, link with other fashion, accessory, or beauty websites.
1. Make sure that your website uses CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). What this does is completely separate the code that is used to "layout" the web site from the content (Keywords etc) of your website. What happens is the Search Engine Spiders are able to completely ignore the formatting code. This makes the search engine spider find your content / keywords etc right away without the possibility of getting caught in bad code or having to sift through unnecessary code in order to find your keywords / content etc.
2. The graphics that are on your website should also have descriptive and keyword rich alternative attributes that are useful for visitors.
Using these three aspects of Search Engine Optimization will surely help your website get ranked faster.
SEO - Writing the SEO FAQ Article
What does a Title mean to your website? A Title is a short descriptive explanation of what your webpage is about. In a brief moment a search engine spider can crawl your site and read your title and content to see how relative your content is based on the user's search.
Page title's are a collection of keywords, categories and description all in one. The page title should be different on every page of your website, you will actually get penalized if your title is the same on every page, due to the fact that the search engine will think you have duplicate information and literally skip over the page. For Example if you are promoting 10 products on your site you should have a separate page for each product with its own title specific to the content.
As noted before you should use your keywords and or phrase in the title, and make sure you use some type of formatting. One of the most common would be something like this:
Keyword or phrase | category | Website Title
Remember search engines rank pages individually so it is very important to make the title's unique. It's also important to note that when you or someone else is searching on Google, Yahoo or MSN, the title will be the first thing that they read, so its vital to be descriptive. This is the time you need to make an impression on the reader so that they will want to click on your link and visit your site. Without a title that encourages a clickthrough your site will be dead in the water and lot's of time wasted.
If a user is interested in your title, they will tend to read the descriptive paragraph underneath called a Meta Description, and this is a meta tag or HTML tag that is embedded in the code, and is used for this purpose only, if your site does not have this tag included, they will usually grab the first few sentences from your main page of your site.
The description is basically a few sentences of descriptive information about your website, make sure it flows well and is easy to read, oh and by the way insert your keywords throughout the description. The description needs to be around 200 characters or less, you are not telling a story here, you are trying to get the reader curious so they want to clickthrough to the site.
Hope some of these SEO Tips where enough to get you going in the right direction, keep up your research!