All SEO tactics used to get your site successfully crawled and positioned in the major search engines evolve with the technology used to render websites, but the basic fundamentals stay the same. There are three major aspects to SEO that you should be sure to concentrate on when optimizing your website – keywords, links, and graphics. Use this checklist to ensure that your Queenlsand site will achieve the highest possible search engine rankings :
1. Make sure the keywords that you are targeting are relevant to your website’s content.
2. Keywords should be phrases that are commonly used in the search engines. There is no point in having your website optimized with search words or phrases that search engine users are not going to search with.
3. The titles of your pages should start with your keywords.
4. The content of your pages should be full of your keywords and other related information.
5. All tags on your website should be optimized with your targeted keywords.
6. Be sure that your keywords are included in your website’s filenames.
1. External links are extremely important in search engine optimization. First, make sure that your site is listed in DMOZ also known as the Open Directory Project. DMOZ provides many of the search engine results for the most popular search engines, including Google.
2. Your website should be listed in human edited online directories.
3. It is essential you make sure that your website has a sitemap with text links.
4. Avoid linking with anyone who asks – focus on linking with websites that have a page rank as high as yours or better. Also, link with websites that relate to yours or are complimentary to yours. For example, if you have a fashion-related website, link with other fashion, accessory, or beauty websites.
Queenlsand SEO Tips – How to Write a Good Title and Description
If you don't know what type of search engine optimized article to write for your web site then it is a good idea to consider writing some kind of FAQ article. FAQ stands for frequently asked questions. If you go to a message board or forum about a topic and provide a 250-word answer to a commonly asked question on these boards and then upload all of this information to your site you will probably get tons of traffic and also clicks on your affiliate links.
The best thing about a FAQ article, which can be as tiny as 500 words. The great thing about the Question and Answer format is that often you can stumble across the very language that people are actually using when they type questions about this subject into a popular search engine like Google or Yahoo. So when you do your market research properly and try to find what you need on the forums at big websites like ivillage or on huge consumer or product review sites then you are practically being handed the keywords that you need to optimize your website on a silver platter.
As mentioned previously in this blog, a good source of keywords is the overture inventory tool, which is a free tool for searching for the appropriate keywords to use in your ad, blog or article. The key to using it is to never choose the top keyword but rather ones that are more exclusive.
The original purpose of the Internet was to give people information about products, places and people that they could not get elsewhere. People still look on the Internet to find this exclusive type of review today. When you write a FAQ article you are satisfying that urge to find out the "truth" about a product or a solution to a problem, which was the entire basis for the FAQ page on the Internet in the first place.
Understanding the algorithms used by search engines, such as Google, can be mystifying. Let's start at the beginning:
What is a Search Engine Algorithm?
An algorithm is a mathematical process used by a computer to solve a problem or answer a question. Google, launched in 1998, is the leading search engine. The search engine algorithm was designed to find files on the internet.
Google uses many algorithms, but the very first one ever used is called PageRank, which measures the importance of all web pages (PageRank is named after Larry Page, the software developer and Google co-founder). PageRank functions by counting the quantity and quality of links to certain web pages to determine an estimate of the website's importance, and thus, its ranking as compared to other websites in the same field or category.
Google has used the assumption that the more important websites are most likely to have more links from other websites, and therefore rates the website with a higher ranking on the search engine results page (SERP). PageRank happens to be the most widely known algorithm used by Google. A whole industry of business services to take advantage of PageRank is now called Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Google's algorithms change about 500-600 times per calendar year - more than once every day. The changes are implemented to make the search experience more relevant for the user. Most of the changes are minor, and don't usually change website's ranking to any noticeable degree.
For nearly two decades, Google has been refining their search engine service, becoming more sophisticated, with their massive algorithms affecting the way websites are ranked.
What is an algorithm update?
Major updates have been rolling out on a regular basis, both named and unnamed. Companies providing SEO services devote their resources to figuring out how each change affects the websites they manage. The stakes are very high, especially for websites engaged in ecommerce. If a website is built and maintained using best practices, with a focus on unique content and an easy-to-navigate user experience, the website will rate well. A strong rating turns into a superior page ranking which will provide more website traffic.
Some of the named updates over the years have been: Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird, Pigeon, Possum, RankBrain, Mobilegeddon, and Pirate. Each update relates to a specific aspect of a website, such as website link quality, semantic content search, and mobile friendly (or responsive) websites.
How are algorithm updates revealed?
This is fascinating: some updates are announced; others are rolled out covertly and are full realized by watching page ranking activity. Google sometimes confirms the updates after the update is launched. Lately, Google has been silent about confirming their algorithm updates. The SEO industry watches the metrics carefully to determine what aspect of page ranking is being affected. When they notice large changes in search results, they conclude that an algorithm update has occurred.
What is the Fred Update?
On Wednesday, March 8, 2017, industry experts noticed major changes while using Google tracking tools. This algorithm change has been dubbed the Fred Update.
Until the experts full digest the meaning of the page rankings, the nature of the update is speculative. The Fred Update is showing early signs of being associated with the quality - not content - of links. Gary Illyes, Webmaster Trends Analyst at Google, tweeted a picture of colorful Fred the fish on March 7: "DYK for each search result there may be several title candidates & the one that it's believed to work best for query is shown to the users".
Since there is an evaluation taking place to select the best query result, looking at pages that rank better than your website may uncover opportunities to improve content without duplication. Unique content and quality linking to and from your website will help improve page ranking. The most recent massive algorithm update to date is Google Penguin 4.0 (Phase 1 and Phase 2). This update largely removes the penalty for bad links on sites, and in turn devalues the bad links, which still negatively affects rankings, but not to such a degree that sites are penalized.
Penguin was significant in that it targeted low quality websites that contained 'spammy' content. Their main concern was with flagging websites that would harm user's computers or cell phones.
Google Penguin 4.0
The Google Penguin update had been on in development, under revision, for two years before being released. The update actually launched on September 27, 2016.This update was unusual because it was multiphasic, taking quite a bit longer to be released than most other algorithm updates.
The second phase was released on October 6, 2016. After this second phase launched, the algorithm "temperature" dropped off and got relatively back to normal. Moz reports the weather by day showing the temperature or turbulence of the Google algorithm. When Google makes a change, there is often a shakeup of the page rankings. This week the Moz temperature is 94o; this shows the likely effect of the Fred Update.
Knowing the complex nature of evaluating the worthiness of a website, understanding these updates, and recognizing how the algorithms affect a website and its ranking is the work of companies who provide SEO services. You may choose to carry out this work in-house, but hiring an outside firm to handle your SEO is often money very well spent.
- Digital Marketing Brisbane
- Google Marketing Bulwer
- Digital Marketing Cowan Cowan
- Digital Advertising Green Island
- SEO Kooringal
- Digital Advertising Moreton Island
- Digital Advertising Mud Island
- Digital Marketing St Helena Island
- SEO Acacia Ridge
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Albion
- SEO Company Alderley
- Digital Advertising Algester
- Google Marketing Annerley
- Google Marketing Anstead
- Google Marketing Archerfield
- Digital Marketing Ascot
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Ashgrove
- SEO Company Aspley
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Auchenflower
- SEO Company Bald Hills
- SEO Company Balmoral
- Google Marketing Banks Creek
- SEO Banyo
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Bardon
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Bellbowrie
- Digital Advertising Belmont
- Google Marketing Boondall
- SEO Company Bowen Hills
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Bracken Ridge
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Bridgeman Downs
- Digital Marketing Brighton
- SEO Company Brisbane Airport
- SEO Company Brisbane city
- Search Engine Optimisation Brookfield
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Bulimba
- Search Engine Optimisation Burbank
- SEO Company Calamvale
- Google Marketing Camp Hill
- SEO Cannon Hill
- Digital Advertising Carina
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Carina Heights
- SEO Company Carindale
- SEO Company Carseldine
- Digital Marketing Chandler
- SEO Chapel Hill
- Digital Marketing Chelmer
- Digital Advertising Chermside
- SEO Chermside West
- Digital Marketing Chuwar
- Search Engine Optimisation Clayfield
- Digital Marketing Coopers Plains
- SEO Coorparoo
- SEO Company Corinda
- Digital Advertising Darra
- Search Engine Optimisation Deagon
- Digital Advertising Doolandella
- SEO Company Drewvale
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Durack
- SEO Dutton Park
- Google Marketing Eagle Farm
- SEO East Brisbane
- Digital Marketing Eight Mile Plains
- Digital Marketing Ellen Grove
- SEO England Creek
- SEO Company Enoggera
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Enoggera Reservoir
- Digital Marketing Everton Park
- Search Engine Optimisation Fairfield
- Search Engine Optimisation Ferny Grove
- Google Marketing Fig Tree Pocket
- Search Engine Optimisation Fitzgibbon
- Search Engine Optimisation Forest Lake
- Digital Marketing Fortitude Valley
- SEO Gaythorne
- Search Engine Optimisation Geebung
- SEO Gordon Park
- SEO Company Graceville
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Grange
- Digital Marketing Greenslopes
- Digital Marketing Gumdale
- Digital Advertising Hamilton
- Digital Marketing Hawthorne
- Google Marketing Heathwood
- Digital Marketing Hemmant
- Digital Marketing Hendra
- Digital Marketing Herston
- Google Marketing Highgate Hill
- Digital Advertising Holland Park
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Holland Park West
- Search Engine Optimisation Inala
- SEO Company Indooroopilly
- SEO Company Jamboree Heights
- SEO Jindalee
- Search Engine Optimisation Kalinga
- Google Marketing Kangaroo Point
- Digital Advertising Karana Downs
- Search Engine Optimisation Karawatha
- SEO Company Kedron
- Search Engine Optimisation Kelvin Grove
- Search Engine Optimisation Kenmore
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Kenmore Hills
- SEO Keperra
- Digital Advertising Kholo
- Search Engine Optimisation Kuraby
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Lake Manchester
- Digital Marketing Larapinta
- Search Engine Optimisation Lota
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Lutwyche
- SEO Company Lytton
- Search Engine Optimisation Macgregor
- SEO Mackenzie
- Google Marketing Manly
- SEO Manly West
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Mansfield
- Google Marketing McDowall
- Digital Marketing Middle Park
- SEO Milton
- Google Marketing Mitchelton
- Search Engine Optimisation Moggill
- Digital Advertising Moorooka
- Google Marketing Morningside
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Mt Coot-tha
- Search Engine Optimisation Mt Crosby
- Search Engine Optimisation Mt Gravatt
- Digital Marketing Mt Gravatt East
- Digital Marketing Mt Ommaney
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Murarrie
- Digital Marketing Nathan
- Digital Advertising New Farm
- SEO Newmarket
- SEO Newstead
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Norman Park
- Digital Marketing Northgate
- Digital Marketing Nudgee
- Digital Advertising Nudgee Beach
- Digital Marketing Nundah
- SEO Company Oxley
- Digital Advertising Paddington
- SEO Company Pallara
- Digital Advertising Parkinson
- SEO Petrie Terrace
- Digital Advertising Pinjarra Hills
- SEO Company Pinkenba
- Digital Marketing Port of Brisbane
- Search Engine Optimisation Pullenvale
- Digital Advertising Ransome
- Digital Marketing Red Hill
- Google Marketing Richlands
- Digital Marketing Riverhills
- Digital Marketing Robertson
- Digital Marketing Rochedale
- Digital Advertising Rocklea
- Digital Advertising Runcorn
- SEO Company Salisbury
- Digital Marketing Sandgate
- SEO Company Seven Hills
- SEO Company Seventeen Mile Rocks
- Search Engine Optimisation Sherwood
- Digital Marketing Shorncliffe
- SEO Sinnamon Park
- Digital Marketing South Brisbane
- Digital Advertising Spring Hill
- SEO St Lucia
- SEO Stafford
- SEO Stafford Heights
- SEO Stretton
- SEO Company Sumner
- Search Engine Optimisation Sunnybank
- Search Engine Optimisation Sunnybank Hills
- Google Marketing Taigum
- Digital Marketing Taringa
- Digital Marketing Tarragindi
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Teneriffe
- SEO Tennyson
- Digital Marketing The Gap
- SEO Company Tingalpa
- SEO Company Toowong
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Upper Brookfield
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Upper Kedron
- Digital Advertising Upper Mt Gravatt
- SEO Virginia
- Digital Marketing Wacol
- SEO Wakerley
- Search Engine Optimisation Wavell Heights
- Search Engine Optimisation Company West End
- SEO Company Westlake
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Willawong
- Google Marketing Wilston
- Digital Marketing Windsor
- Digital Marketing Wishart
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Woolloongabba
- Digital Advertising Wooloowin
- Search Engine Optimisation Company Wynnum
- Digital Advertising Wynnum West
- Digital Advertising Yeerongpilly
- SEO Yeronga
- SEO Company Zillmere
You can also fins out more about this area here.