SEO is one of the most effective things you can do online, getting your web site optimized in such a way that the search engines will reward you by basically sending traffic your way. SEO is not really that simple, but the bottom line is, if your page is optimized both on page and off, you generally get higher natural search engine rankings, which leads to traffic for your Archerfield campaign.
If you’ve spent time online recently, you’ve probably read the term “SEO,” or “Search Engine Optimization. But what does it mean, exactly? “SEO” is a term that is used to describe the process by which traffic to a particular site is increasingly generated by search engines by way of search results. The quality of visitor traffic to a site can be measured by analyzing how often a visitor who uses a specific keyword phrase in a search actually performs what is known as a “conversion action.” That is, how often those visitors make a purchase, download materials, request information, or interact with the site in any other way that indicates interest in the product or service the site offers.
SEO - Find the Best Keywords for Your Website
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and is a set of methods that concentrate on improving the ranking of a website in the search engine listing. Similarly, SEO can also be considered as a subset of search engine marketing. The term also refers to an industry of consultants who undertake optimization projects on behalf of clients' sites.
Search Engine Optimization methods can be categorized as white hat SEOs and black hat SEOs. The search engines for building content and improving site quality often approve white hat SEO methods. However, the black hat SEO often uses methods and tricks like cloaking and spamdexing. In fact, there is an argument wherein white hatters charge that black hat methods are an attempt to manipulate search rankings unfairly, and the black hatters counter that all SEO is an attempt to manipulate rankings.
Various kinds of listings are displayed in search engines result pages, which mainly include pay per click advertisements, paid inclusion listings and organic search results. SEO focus on advancing the goals of a website by improving the number and position of its organic search results for a wide variety of relevant keywords. SEO stratagem can highly enhance both the number and quality of visitors, who complete the action intended by the site owner. Search engine optimization offers stand-alone services, mainly for a larger marketing effort and can be highly effective if incorporated at the initial development and design of a site.
However, the cost of pay per click advertising can be hug for competitive and high-volume search terms. On the other hand, ranking well in the organic search results can supplement the same-targeted traffic with a significant potential saving. If the cost of optimization is less than the cost of advertising, site owners can even opt for an organic search to optimize their site.
With the magnification of e-commerce, search engine optimization can be a crucial process for any business organization, as SEO greatly assist in targeting the final customers.
SEO – Find the Best Archerfield Keywords for Your Website
A few nights ago I was asked by a regular in a bar I frequent: 'what is this pub doing with a website? Somewhat bemused, I replied that it receives substantial hits to its website and that it is listed on all the Bangkok portals. More importantly, they have consistently remained at #1 on Google, Yahoo!, MSN and the other major search engines for well over a year. Visitors the site, although not verifiable, must convert into a lot of money.' He looked slightly bemused, shrugged his shoulders and muttered something about not knowing much about search engines.
That is where we stand on building websites: our philosophy is based on making the web work for our clients; in providing them with a new revenue source. We don't just deliver tastefully designed websites, we also provide detailed research which we convert into accurately anticipated keywords likely to be used by potential visitors when searching for a source of information.
With this knowledge, we optimise our clients' web pages and register it with sites we know will boost its rankings. This strategy has been successfully employed on sites based in Thailand, the UK, Germany, Australia, France, Austria and France.
But there is another option to be seriously considered: commercial search. It is by far the most dynamic and fast-growing industry segment now, estimated to extend beyond $5billion by 2006. Pioneered by Overture (now Yahoo!), pay-per-click was created in response to three fundamental issues concerning internet search: poor quality results; random ordering of listings; and a weak advertising revenue model. It solved these problems by creating a real-time market for keyword bidding.
Recently, however, it has spawned a series of bidding wars among a growing number of marketers wanting their ads displayed alongside the top search results, and the demand for placement now seems to have reached an almost critical level. Highly popular search terms can easily get you involved in a cost escalation dynamic: extend your bid to the top spot and there's a good chance that, within hours, #2 will outbid you. This process can go on indefinitely until the actual 'market space' for these search terms is inflated beyond reach, which can take several weeks to stabilise and return to some kind of equilibrium.
Also, whilst pay-per-click can be the best marketing tool on the web if 'conversion rates' are high, there are four fundamental objectives to be recognised:
1. The content of your site must exactly match the keywords you intend to bid on;
2. All of your keywords stand no chance whatsoever of being listed in the top ten positions on the major search engines;
3. The cost of bidding will be more than recovered, as visits to your web pages will convert into quality leads or actual sales;
4. The more popular the search term, the more expensive.
If you think it's worth the investment, then take the plunge.
In the main, robots index websites, and few people look beyond the first 20 results. This has driven Google, Yahoo! and now MSN to devise a more specific search trend: e-marketing driven by localised search advertising, personalisation and increased specialisation. When fully operative, these initiatives will narrow the scope of the problems inherent in generic search results.
In the meantime, V9 will continue to provide our clients with optimum results: we have the expertise and proven credentials in providing Thai- and foreign-based businesses the opportunity of profitable expansion.
SEO: Best Practices
All SEO tactics used to get your site successfully crawled and positioned in the major search engines evolve with the technology used to render websites, but the basic fundamentals stay the same. There are three major aspects to SEO that you should be sure to concentrate on when optimizing your website - keywords, links, and graphics. Use this checklist to ensure that your site will achieve the highest possible search engine rankings :
1. Make sure the keywords that you are targeting are relevant to your website's content.
2. Keywords should be phrases that are commonly used in the search engines. There is no point in having your website optimized with search words or phrases that search engine users are not going to search with.
3. The titles of your pages should start with your keywords.
4. The content of your pages should be full of your keywords and other related information.
5. All tags on your website should be optimized with your targeted keywords.
6. Be sure that your keywords are included in your website's filenames.
1. External links are extremely important in search engine optimization. First, make sure that your site is listed in DMOZ also known as the Open Directory Project. DMOZ provides many of the search engine results for the most popular search engines, including Google.
2. Your website should be listed in human edited online directories.
3. It is essential you make sure that your website has a sitemap with text links.
4. Avoid linking with anyone who asks - focus on linking with websites that have a page rank as high as yours or better. Also, link with websites that relate to yours or are complimentary to yours. For example, if you have a fashion-related website, link with other fashion, accessory, or beauty websites.
1. Make sure that your website uses CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). What this does is completely separate the code that is used to "layout" the web site from the content (Keywords etc) of your website. What happens is the Search Engine Spiders are able to completely ignore the formatting code. This makes the search engine spider find your content / keywords etc right away without the possibility of getting caught in bad code or having to sift through unnecessary code in order to find your keywords / content etc.
2. The graphics that are on your website should also have descriptive and keyword rich alternative attributes that are useful for visitors.
Using these three aspects of Search Engine Optimization will surely help your website get ranked faster.