SEO is one of the most effective things you can do online, getting your web site optimized in such a way that the search engines will reward you by basically sending traffic your way. SEO is not really that simple, but the bottom line is, if your page is optimized both on page and off, you generally get higher natural search engine rankings, which leads to traffic for your Paddington campaign.
If you’ve spent time online recently, you’ve probably read the term “SEO,” or “Search Engine Optimization. But what does it mean, exactly? “SEO” is a term that is used to describe the process by which traffic to a particular site is increasingly generated by search engines by way of search results. The quality of visitor traffic to a site can be measured by analyzing how often a visitor who uses a specific keyword phrase in a search actually performs what is known as a “conversion action.” That is, how often those visitors make a purchase, download materials, request information, or interact with the site in any other way that indicates interest in the product or service the site offers.
SEO - Find the Best Keywords for Your Website
All SEO tactics used to get your site successfully crawled and positioned in the major search engines evolve with the technology used to render websites, but the basic fundamentals stay the same. There are three major aspects to SEO that you should be sure to concentrate on when optimizing your website - keywords, links, and graphics. Use this checklist to ensure that your site will achieve the highest possible search engine rankings :
1. Make sure the keywords that you are targeting are relevant to your website's content.
2. Keywords should be phrases that are commonly used in the search engines. There is no point in having your website optimized with search words or phrases that search engine users are not going to search with.
3. The titles of your pages should start with your keywords.
4. The content of your pages should be full of your keywords and other related information.
5. All tags on your website should be optimized with your targeted keywords.
6. Be sure that your keywords are included in your website's filenames.
1. External links are extremely important in search engine optimization. First, make sure that your site is listed in DMOZ also known as the Open Directory Project. DMOZ provides many of the search engine results for the most popular search engines, including Google.
2. Your website should be listed in human edited online directories.
3. It is essential you make sure that your website has a sitemap with text links.
4. Avoid linking with anyone who asks - focus on linking with websites that have a page rank as high as yours or better. Also, link with websites that relate to yours or are complimentary to yours. For example, if you have a fashion-related website, link with other fashion, accessory, or beauty websites.
1. Make sure that your website uses CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). What this does is completely separate the code that is used to "layout" the web site from the content (Keywords etc) of your website. What happens is the Search Engine Spiders are able to completely ignore the formatting code. This makes the search engine spider find your content / keywords etc right away without the possibility of getting caught in bad code or having to sift through unnecessary code in order to find your keywords / content etc.
2. The graphics that are on your website should also have descriptive and keyword rich alternative attributes that are useful for visitors.
Using these three aspects of Search Engine Optimization will surely help your website get ranked faster.
SEO – Find the Best Paddington Keywords for Your Website
If you don't know what type of search engine optimized article to write for your web site then it is a good idea to consider writing some kind of FAQ article. FAQ stands for frequently asked questions. If you go to a message board or forum about a topic and provide a 250-word answer to a commonly asked question on these boards and then upload all of this information to your site you will probably get tons of traffic and also clicks on your affiliate links.
The best thing about a FAQ article, which can be as tiny as 500 words. The great thing about the Question and Answer format is that often you can stumble across the very language that people are actually using when they type questions about this subject into a popular search engine like Google or Yahoo. So when you do your market research properly and try to find what you need on the forums at big websites like ivillage or on huge consumer or product review sites then you are practically being handed the keywords that you need to optimize your website on a silver platter.
As mentioned previously in this blog, a good source of keywords is the overture inventory tool, which is a free tool for searching for the appropriate keywords to use in your ad, blog or article. The key to using it is to never choose the top keyword but rather ones that are more exclusive.
The original purpose of the Internet was to give people information about products, places and people that they could not get elsewhere. People still look on the Internet to find this exclusive type of review today. When you write a FAQ article you are satisfying that urge to find out the "truth" about a product or a solution to a problem, which was the entire basis for the FAQ page on the Internet in the first place.
SEO - Web Page Optimization And Home Page Optimization
Search engine optimization is the best way to ensure that your website is seen by as many Internet users as possible. The most important aspect of search engine optimization is keywords. Making sure that your website is optimized with the right keywords or keyword phrases is essential.
It is useless to optimize your site with keywords that people do not search for. It is also useless to optimize the site with keywords that are too general. If your website is optimized with such general search words, chances are, search engine users will never be directed to your website.
Many website owners understand how important search engine optimization is to the success of their website, but they do not know how to figure out which words are right. So, here are some suggestions on how to find the best keywords for your website.
o First, you need to use common words. Words that people use when using a search engine, but make sure that they are specific enough to your site so that they do not turn up millions of matches.
o Many people search for a website by using short phrases. Make your keyword a two to four word phrase, but make sure that the phrase is relevant to your topic. Phrases have proven to be a great tool in optimization.
o Include the most popular keywords in your website even if you do not have a high ranking for them. Search engines will notice them and they may be beneficial in the future.
o Think of different ways to express your website. Maybe by what it is selling, the name and location of your company, or a service that you are advertising. Since search engines analyze the entire content of a website, you can receive many rankings for different keywords.
o Try to find keywords that your competitors haven't found yet. This allows you rank high with little competition.
Finding the best keywords for your website is necessary to your website's success. Optimizing your site is the only way to increase traffic and business on the Internet. But remember to make sure that you choose relevant search words to work with. Increased traffic to your website will not increase sales if the search engine users are looking for a different product or service. Do not sacrifice relevance. A combination of relevant and popular keywords is one of the best ways to increase your search engine rankings.