SEO is one of the most effective things you can do online, getting your web site optimized in such a way that the search engines will reward you by basically sending traffic your way. SEO is not really that simple, but the bottom line is, if your page is optimized both on page and off, you generally get higher natural search engine rankings, which leads to traffic for your Mansfield campaign.
If you’ve spent time online recently, you’ve probably read the term “SEO,” or “Search Engine Optimization. But what does it mean, exactly? “SEO” is a term that is used to describe the process by which traffic to a particular site is increasingly generated by search engines by way of search results. The quality of visitor traffic to a site can be measured by analyzing how often a visitor who uses a specific keyword phrase in a search actually performs what is known as a “conversion action.” That is, how often those visitors make a purchase, download materials, request information, or interact with the site in any other way that indicates interest in the product or service the site offers.
SEO - Web Page Optimization And Home Page Optimization
What does a Title mean to your website? A Title is a short descriptive explanation of what your webpage is about. In a brief moment a search engine spider can crawl your site and read your title and content to see how relative your content is based on the user's search.
Page title's are a collection of keywords, categories and description all in one. The page title should be different on every page of your website, you will actually get penalized if your title is the same on every page, due to the fact that the search engine will think you have duplicate information and literally skip over the page. For Example if you are promoting 10 products on your site you should have a separate page for each product with its own title specific to the content.
As noted before you should use your keywords and or phrase in the title, and make sure you use some type of formatting. One of the most common would be something like this:
Keyword or phrase | category | Website Title
Remember search engines rank pages individually so it is very important to make the title's unique. It's also important to note that when you or someone else is searching on Google, Yahoo or MSN, the title will be the first thing that they read, so its vital to be descriptive. This is the time you need to make an impression on the reader so that they will want to click on your link and visit your site. Without a title that encourages a clickthrough your site will be dead in the water and lot's of time wasted.
If a user is interested in your title, they will tend to read the descriptive paragraph underneath called a Meta Description, and this is a meta tag or HTML tag that is embedded in the code, and is used for this purpose only, if your site does not have this tag included, they will usually grab the first few sentences from your main page of your site.
The description is basically a few sentences of descriptive information about your website, make sure it flows well and is easy to read, oh and by the way insert your keywords throughout the description. The description needs to be around 200 characters or less, you are not telling a story here, you are trying to get the reader curious so they want to clickthrough to the site.
Hope some of these SEO Tips where enough to get you going in the right direction, keep up your research!
SEO – Find the Best Mansfield Keywords for Your Website
All SEO tactics used to get your site successfully crawled and positioned in the major search engines evolve with the technology used to render websites, but the basic fundamentals stay the same. There are three major aspects to SEO that you should be sure to concentrate on when optimizing your website - keywords, links, and graphics. Use this checklist to ensure that your site will achieve the highest possible search engine rankings :
1. Make sure the keywords that you are targeting are relevant to your website's content.
2. Keywords should be phrases that are commonly used in the search engines. There is no point in having your website optimized with search words or phrases that search engine users are not going to search with.
3. The titles of your pages should start with your keywords.
4. The content of your pages should be full of your keywords and other related information.
5. All tags on your website should be optimized with your targeted keywords.
6. Be sure that your keywords are included in your website's filenames.
1. External links are extremely important in search engine optimization. First, make sure that your site is listed in DMOZ also known as the Open Directory Project. DMOZ provides many of the search engine results for the most popular search engines, including Google.
2. Your website should be listed in human edited online directories.
3. It is essential you make sure that your website has a sitemap with text links.
4. Avoid linking with anyone who asks - focus on linking with websites that have a page rank as high as yours or better. Also, link with websites that relate to yours or are complimentary to yours. For example, if you have a fashion-related website, link with other fashion, accessory, or beauty websites.
1. Make sure that your website uses CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). What this does is completely separate the code that is used to "layout" the web site from the content (Keywords etc) of your website. What happens is the Search Engine Spiders are able to completely ignore the formatting code. This makes the search engine spider find your content / keywords etc right away without the possibility of getting caught in bad code or having to sift through unnecessary code in order to find your keywords / content etc.
2. The graphics that are on your website should also have descriptive and keyword rich alternative attributes that are useful for visitors.
Using these three aspects of Search Engine Optimization will surely help your website get ranked faster.
SEO - What is SEO?
SEO is one of the most effective things you can do online, getting your web site optimized in such a way that the search engines will reward you by basically sending traffic your way. SEO is not really that simple, but the bottom line is, if your page is optimized both on page and off, you generally get higher natural search engine rankings, which leads to traffic for you.
If you've spent time online recently, you've probably read the term "SEO," or "Search Engine Optimization. But what does it mean, exactly? "SEO" is a term that is used to describe the process by which traffic to a particular site is increasingly generated by search engines by way of search results. The quality of visitor traffic to a site can be measured by analyzing how often a visitor who uses a specific keyword phrase in a search actually performs what is known as a "conversion action." That is, how often those visitors make a purchase, download materials, request information, or interact with the site in any other way that indicates interest in the product or service the site offers.
Simply put, SEO is marketing through an understanding of how search algorithms work combined with a knowledge of what human users might search for. The end goal is to create a site that contains words for which people will likely search when looking for information such as that contained on your site.
SEO is an extremely powerful tool online - use SEO wisely!