SEO is one of the most effective things you can do online, getting your web site optimized in such a way that the search engines will reward you by basically sending traffic your way. SEO is not really that simple, but the bottom line is, if your page is optimized both on page and off, you generally get higher natural search engine rankings, which leads to traffic for your Brighton campaign.
If you’ve spent time online recently, you’ve probably read the term “SEO,” or “Search Engine Optimization. But what does it mean, exactly? “SEO” is a term that is used to describe the process by which traffic to a particular site is increasingly generated by search engines by way of search results. The quality of visitor traffic to a site can be measured by analyzing how often a visitor who uses a specific keyword phrase in a search actually performs what is known as a “conversion action.” That is, how often those visitors make a purchase, download materials, request information, or interact with the site in any other way that indicates interest in the product or service the site offers.
SEO: What is it?
All SEO tactics used to get your site successfully crawled and positioned in the major search engines evolve with the technology used to render websites, but the basic fundamentals stay the same. There are three major aspects to SEO that you should be sure to concentrate on when optimizing your website - keywords, links, and graphics. Use this checklist to ensure that your site will achieve the highest possible search engine rankings :
1. Make sure the keywords that you are targeting are relevant to your website's content.
2. Keywords should be phrases that are commonly used in the search engines. There is no point in having your website optimized with search words or phrases that search engine users are not going to search with.
3. The titles of your pages should start with your keywords.
4. The content of your pages should be full of your keywords and other related information.
5. All tags on your website should be optimized with your targeted keywords.
6. Be sure that your keywords are included in your website's filenames.
1. External links are extremely important in search engine optimization. First, make sure that your site is listed in DMOZ also known as the Open Directory Project. DMOZ provides many of the search engine results for the most popular search engines, including Google.
2. Your website should be listed in human edited online directories.
3. It is essential you make sure that your website has a sitemap with text links.
4. Avoid linking with anyone who asks - focus on linking with websites that have a page rank as high as yours or better. Also, link with websites that relate to yours or are complimentary to yours. For example, if you have a fashion-related website, link with other fashion, accessory, or beauty websites.
1. Make sure that your website uses CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). What this does is completely separate the code that is used to "layout" the web site from the content (Keywords etc) of your website. What happens is the Search Engine Spiders are able to completely ignore the formatting code. This makes the search engine spider find your content / keywords etc right away without the possibility of getting caught in bad code or having to sift through unnecessary code in order to find your keywords / content etc.
2. The graphics that are on your website should also have descriptive and keyword rich alternative attributes that are useful for visitors.
Using these three aspects of Search Engine Optimization will surely help your website get ranked faster.
SEO – Find the Best Brighton Keywords for Your Website
If you don't know what type of search engine optimized article to write for your web site then it is a good idea to consider writing some kind of FAQ article. FAQ stands for frequently asked questions. If you go to a message board or forum about a topic and provide a 250-word answer to a commonly asked question on these boards and then upload all of this information to your site you will probably get tons of traffic and also clicks on your affiliate links.
The best thing about a FAQ article, which can be as tiny as 500 words. The great thing about the Question and Answer format is that often you can stumble across the very language that people are actually using when they type questions about this subject into a popular search engine like Google or Yahoo. So when you do your market research properly and try to find what you need on the forums at big websites like ivillage or on huge consumer or product review sites then you are practically being handed the keywords that you need to optimize your website on a silver platter.
As mentioned previously in this blog, a good source of keywords is the overture inventory tool, which is a free tool for searching for the appropriate keywords to use in your ad, blog or article. The key to using it is to never choose the top keyword but rather ones that are more exclusive.
The original purpose of the Internet was to give people information about products, places and people that they could not get elsewhere. People still look on the Internet to find this exclusive type of review today. When you write a FAQ article you are satisfying that urge to find out the "truth" about a product or a solution to a problem, which was the entire basis for the FAQ page on the Internet in the first place.
What is SEO?
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) mean optimize you web page friendly with Search Engine. That's very easy to read buy very difficult to implement. You know how to optimize you page for Search Engine like?
I would like to share my experience over SEO. I create new website last 4 months about comparison service. I believe in my mind I would like visitor to get the best benefit as much as they can. So I try to find any products and compare with many shops. That's the point of this site. After it's done 60%-80% I submit many directories (some are good and some bad). As I remember around 1,200 directories. On that time I do not concern about bad site and good site I know only "Submit".
I use around a month with submit directory and later I change and update website to be the best. I have separate page for reciprocal link as well. After 3 months, I just check my backlink by SEO Elite and WOW. Only 20 directories have backlink to my site (from 1,200). Look terrible for me about "Submit Directory" Then I think submit directory is not work for me anymore so I try to use Social Bookmarking (Digg, etc..). Social bookmark can drive traffic but mostly no backlinks.
I try to learn about SEO technique from many forums site and found some technique to "Post Comment in Blog". I think this way is the best to generate backlinks. For blog comment I have some tips to find related site you can try phase below in Google.
site:.edu inurl:blog "post a comment" -"comments closed" -"you must be logged in" "any niche keyword"
- site:.edu mean you select only.edu website.
- inurl:blog mean must has "blog" in domain
- "post a comment" mean specified to page can post comment
- -"comments closed" mean show result only active comment posted (Google Search Technique)
- -"you must be logged in" mean show result that do not need to register/login (Google Search Technique)
- "any niche keyword" mean you keyword related to your site
I try to comment many blog and yes I get some backlinks from their sites. But most of them "Nofollow" but don't be serious you still get backlinks except PR transfer. Don't worry.
Anyway, for submit directory I think I will be back to submit again but I need to select the quality link only. Most of quality link you need to reciprocal for sure. And the last one you MUST be concern is you content should be complete. You need to usually update your site (On page) to be friendly too.
I believe this is not my last article about SEO. I try to do many things for SEO and Traffic boost up. I will share my experience again if I can find something new on SEO Technique.